Two examples for needing to payout PTO are:
- The associate is about to lose unused PTO
- The associate has been terminated and you need to payout the PTO balance
To complete this, go to the Payroll tab.
- Find the employee either by scrolling or by using the Search field.
- Click on the ellipsis on the right, then a drop down menu will show the PTO Payout option.
- Enter an explanation, select the PTO Type and enter the amount of hours to payout.
- Then select Add PTO. You will be prompted to Confirm the entry, as PTO Payouts are not included in future PTO Threshold calculations.
- Once Confirmed, the PTO Payout has been added. To review, click on the user's row in the Payroll tab.
- If you need to edit the PTO Payout, on the User detail, click the ellipsis again. You can make changes or use the trashcan to delete it.
IF PRO TIP: If you need to do a PTO Payout then export payroll, there is a checkbox to the left of the username you can select, then select Export Payroll.