This guide includes the following topics:
- Add Charge Code
- Edit Charge Code
The PMS Mapping page links each PMS and/or POS charge code to the appropriate Chart of Account. All PMS & POS charge codes should be entered here.
This process has a large affect on Financial reports and other areas, such as reconciliation. Please be sure to use the correct selection when mapping.
From the Accounting Navigation, select PMS Mapping from the Settings section, then select the hotel.
If you do not have access to this page, please contact your supervisor as this is managed by Roles & Permissions.
Add Charge Code
From the top of the page, select Charge Codes
Then, Select the + Daily Activity Item button on the top right to add a new charge code.
Complete the required fields in the pop-up window:
- Select what Daily Activity Group the charge code belongs in.
- All revenue - related codes (Room Revenue, F&B Revenue, Adjustments… etc.) should be added to the Revenue section.
- All taxes and Gratuities should be added to the Non-Revenue section.
- All payment related codes (Cash, Credit Cards, Points Redemptions…etc.) should be added to the Payment section.
- Enter the Item Number and Item Name of the code as they appear on the PMS reports.
- Example: 1000 - Room Charge
- Enter the Report Name and Description of the code. These fields are not mandatory.
- Select whether an Explanation is required when this charge code is used. If you require an explanation on a code, the user will need to complete the explanation field when used before Saving.
- Select the COA Number or COA Name which this charge code should be mapped to. If you are unsure, you can reach out to a supervisor, or look at a similar existing charge code’s mapping.
- If your PMS is set up for Auto-Import, you will also need to fill in the Auto Import ID field with the appropriate for this item. This field is used to import the item into the Daily Activity page.
Edit Charge Code
To edit a Charge Code, select the code you wish to edit.
If a Charge Code has not been used previously, you are able to change any of the fields in the pop-up.
If a Charge Code has already been used, you can edit the Item Number, Item Name, Report Name, Description, Explanation Required, and the Status. You are not able to edit the COA of a Charge Code that has been previously used. In this case, you would need to mark the original Daily Activity Item as Inactive and create a new one with the correct COA.
Find a Charge Code easily by using your browser’s Find feature. Select the Control key and F key on your keyboard to open your browser’s Find window. Then, enter a keyword in the window.
All texts matching your keyword search will appear highlighted on the page.