You may need to do a PTO payout for many reasons:
1. Maybe an employee's PTO is about to expire, and you need to pay out those hours so they don't lose them
2. Maybe you have an employee that was terminated, and you need to payout their PTO that was accrued
Whatever the reason, you can complete this from within the Payroll tab.
1. From the Payroll page, you can start by using the Search box to pull up the employee.
2. If the employee has already time, you can select the three dots on the right side of the page to see the PTO Payout option.
If an employee has not worked that pay cycle, you can select the three dots on the top right of the page, and select Add User for them to the Payroll page. Then select the three dots on the right to get the PTO Payout option.
3. In the pop-up, add a Reason for the payout then Add Entry.
4. Select the PTO Type.
5. Enter the number of PTO Hours to be paid out. Their updated Balance will be reflected accordingly.
6. Select Add PTO to have these hours added to the Payroll worksheet. You can view this by selecting the Employees name to open the slide out on the right.